I love AppleCare

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A year after I bought my powerbook 12", I just got a new battery through AppleCare. My battery would get to about 40% charge and then go to 0%. Not typical wear and tear. I took it into the Apple Store and 30 minutes later I'm out with a new battery. Say what you will about Apple and QC problems, they are great when it comes down to it. It made my otherwise SHITTY day. Thanks for listening.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    applecare is the bomb....i HIGHLY recommend it for all

i bought it with my iMac...changing ram i broke the logic board...they replaced it free...after a year my airport base station went bad...they sent me a new one in a day

when i call apple, as soon as they find you have applecare, they talk as long as they need to, are extremely helpful and give you direct lines back to them...it is sweet

g
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Good to hear... we need to hear about more things like this. Makes me happy... but I don't know why.

• Reply 3 of 6
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    It's just a shame that you have to pay to play (i.e. get good service from Apple). The fact that I had to pay $300 to repair a design defect in my iBook's screen (the backlight cable got pinched in the hinge) two months out of warranty still makes me angry.

I guess we just need to include the price for AppleCare in the purchase price of any new Mac. Needless to say, I've learned my lesson. I won't get another Apple laptop without AppleCare.

Escher
  • Reply 4 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

It's just a shame that you have to pay to play (i.e. get good service from Apple). The fact that I had to pay $300 to repair a design defect in my iBook's screen (the backlight cable got pinched in the hinge) two months out of warranty still makes me angry.

I guess we just need to include the price for AppleCare in the purchase price of any new Mac. Needless to say, I've learned my lesson. I won't get another Apple laptop without AppleCare.

Escher

It is unfortunate that you had to pay for a design defect such as the one you experienced. Personally, I will never own a laptop without having a warranty on it. Needless to say, I've recently extended my AppleCare on both my powerbook and my fiancee's iBook. But when you've got AppleCare, I think they're second to none.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I can't emphasize enough on how important AppleCare is. I would have been totally screwed if I didn't have an AppleCare policy for my Pismo.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I plan on extending my AppleCare before my standard 1 year runs out because my PowerBook is to precious. I know that they can't because it would cost them too much, but I wish so bad they would cover stuff that is your fault, then I wouldn't baby my PowerBook so much.