editing a DIVX movie?

zozo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello,

There are a couple scenes from a hilarious movie that I wanted to extract from a DIVX I have.

Is there any way to do this? Or to remove parts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cant you use quicktime pro and select the scenes you want , copy/paste into a new player?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MagicFingers

cant you use quicktime pro and select the scenes you want , copy/paste into a new player?

Should be possible as long as he has the the DivX codec installed. I did it just recently with an XviD encoded AVI. You can view XviD video (sync problem not fixed yet) with the 3ivx plugin. I believe they've solved the sync issues in VLC though.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    QT Pro has been unreliable for me with anything except .movs....

with that said I would look into VLC for primitive exporting as well...

also you might want to look into SnapzPro... you will lose some quality, and it costs $, but you know it will work, saving you some headaches...

plus its just plain fun to use that app...

checkout www.ambrosiasw.com and make sure to use the latest beta version if it is available (2 is MUCH better then 1.x.x)
  • Reply 4 of 5
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    didnt think of SnapzPro....

QT sucks with DiVX.

I cant recall anytime timeline in VLC that would let me select part of a movie...

maybe I should ring those guys up and ask for them to include it in a future version...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    in case anyone is interested, I found this app: D-Vision 2

Wow... amazing and free. Encoder with a billion settings and also a DiVX splitter. Tried on a few movies and works flawlessly.

http://objectifmac.free.fr/Divx4Mac/index.html