Awia's (From Sony) 2GB MP3 Mini Player Is Coming

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Awia's iPod mini challenger. It uses a Cornice 2 GB HD. It costs about $325 in Japan. (I believe the player is on the right and the remote on the left). UGLY.

Article here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    So it's 2 gb but $75 more? Interesting.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I normally like aiwa stuff but that thing is ugly.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Plus according to the article, it won't work with Apple Macs.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    nobody's gonna be able to use it LOL
  • Reply 5 of 9
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    A more comprehensive article on upcoming hd/mini-hd based models.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/...68,pg,1,00.asp

PC World claims the Giga Pavits will be each priced at $239... the other one has a picture here:

The mini iPod has all of them beat for a price/capacity ratio based on a quick scan of the article, although some of the others might have things like FM tuners and such.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    The first one looks VERY inefficient and unusable.

the second one, looks a lot like some of the mini iPod mock ups

only uglier
  • Reply 7 of 9
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    See...everyone is complaining about the price of the mini iPod. Now we see that no one can beat the value of it. Score: Apple 1, everyone else: 0. I know the mini iPod isn't exactly a value at the price they are charging, but, if the rest of the market charges more for a less capable player, Apple wins.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    So: more expensive, two parts, bad controller/UI, and less capacity? I am curious to see how this thing gets marketed because it has no technical/aesthetic merits to sell itself on.

2GB is a bit small. My favorites take up a Gig and a half, let alone my whole music collection.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

See...everyone is complaining about the price of the mini iPod. Now we see that no one can beat the value of it. Score: Apple 1, everyone else: 0. I know the mini iPod isn't exactly a value at the price they are charging, but, if the rest of the market charges more for a less capable player, Apple wins.

Correct. Apple really is shipping a great device with the iPod mini. When it hits 8GB and $200, I will probably get one.