How to make a Beige Desktop PM Silent?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I recently started thinking about making my Beige Desktop G3 silent, or atleast much quieter than it is running now.

I was wondering if anyone has done anything similar or has any ideas. I was thinking about removing the floppy drive and putting some sort of low noise ?blower? or fan in its place. I am not opposed to doing heavy case modification and would even consider removing the cdrom if needed but i would prefer not to. I do currently use all three pci slots and need to keep them in tack. Please contribute your ideas, also if anyone knows where to get fans and things like that.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Most of the noise comes from the Hard drive and power supply fan. I don't think you can replace the Power fan with a quieter one but you can get a slower (and therefore quieter) hard drive.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    i got a newer scsi drive for mine and it quieted down quite a bit, the old one was a real schreecher. But that power supply is pretty loud too. Im not up to breaking it open so... oh well, at least I dont have it on all the time