ipod + itunes sync question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
i know you can choose to only sync certain playlists with the ipod, but what that does (unless its changed recently) is leave out all the songs in your library that arent in those playlists. is there a way to have my whole library on my ipod, and leave out about half of my playlists?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Ok, I want to make sure that I am understanding this right. You want to be able to have your entire library on the iPod, but you don't want all the playlists on your computer to be on the iPod also? If that is the case you can turn off auto-sync and create the playlists on the iPod directly. But then you also have to drag over new music you add. If this isn't what you want to do, please explain further.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Ok, I want to make sure that I am understanding this right. You want to be able to have your entire library on the iPod, but you don't want all the playlists on your computer to be on the iPod also? If that is the case you can turn off auto-sync and create the playlists on the iPod directly. But then you also have to drag over new music you add. If this isn't what you want to do, please explain further.

but i want the auto-sync (im lazy like that

i'll try the other playlist idea
  • Reply 3 of 4
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Create a smart playlist that includes all songs with a time greater then 0:00. This will include all the songs in your library. Then tell iTunes to only sync that playlist.