After powerbook lockup?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Maybe a basic question...

My power book locked up the other day. Since then it seems that it take a lot longer to book up and get all my icons on my desktop.

On a PC I would run a disk scan and defrag, is there something I should be running to check this. I did go in to Disk utility and did a verify before a repair and it says the disk is fine?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    By "lock up" do you mean you had a critical process hang or did you Kernal panic? A kernal panic is when the screen turns grey and it tells you that "You need to restart your computer" in about 12 different languages. In any case, you can try some of the other quick fixes. I would reccomend running an FSCK as well as deleting your caches. If that doesn't work, maybe updating your prebinding is the answer. Info on the FSCK and caches can be found here. Info on how to update prebinding can be found here.. Good luck. Any more questions, feel free to post them here.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sroachsroach Posts: 105member
    Sorry I should have said it was not a kernel panic it was a hung application (Halo).

I had to hold down the power button till it powered down then back up again.