Australia - iTMS concept for Windows only

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Sorry if this has been mentioned before...

Telstra has announced their BigPond Music store down-under: click me

Windows only... when will the iTMS make it to Australia? I know there is more to it than just Apple can control (legalities and distribution rights and record company policy etc etc), but I sure wish that Apple had first bite of the market down here.

Oh well, thoughts/comments anyone

I haven't been able to browse, I presume, b/c I am on a Mac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    This is the 20th anniversary of the Mac, and some big thing are supposed to be coming.

I believe that Apple have been signing up deals everywhere they can in the world, for a big worldwide roll-out of the iTMS. We might see this in the next two weeks to coincide with the anniversary, of perhaps at NAMM, or even better, bundled up the same as the Pepsi/iTMS deal at the "Superbowl". m.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    I don't know. Dealing with all the regional record industries must be a real hassle for Apple; isn't there an international forum where they could get this done with one fell swoop?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dnisbetdnisbet Posts: 201member
    unfortunately I don't think there is Crusader, I know fairly often bands here in the UK are on totally different labels to the rest of the world, I imagine it's been a real headache for Apple.

Can't wait for it to arrive over here, I know i'm going to spend a fortune on impulse buys when I know I can't afford it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Ditto - I can't wait for it to reach downunder either! I'm just bummed that Telstra beat them to it (and that it is not Mac friendly).