hard drive sound on dock

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I got a PB 12 inch 1 ghz super drive. I am noticing some strange noises on this pb when i move the mouse around on the dock, i hear a sound coming from the Hard Drive, rapid click sound, not too loud but still audible when i get close to it. Is this a problem? Some times i do hear also a high whining sound too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    How loud are we talking?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Heh.

My 15PBG4 just started something similar, but it's a static-shock noise *kkkzzzkzkzkzzkzzkzzkzzkzkzz* from about where the drive is, but only when two things happen:

1) I'm plugged in.

2) I have a 'preponderance' of light pixels near the top of the screen OR I click on a movie/sound file in column view.

Wacky, huh?

Since my screen has the leprosy de blanco, I'm going to have them take a look at this at the same time.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    what do you mean by leprosy di blanco?

I have a "bright spot" on my Ti, is that normal? it is in the top of the screen in the area near the hinge
  • Reply 4 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Depends. It may just be where the backlight is mounted, so it's slightly bright.

No, 'leprosy de blanco' is my own little pet term for the white spots on screen problem that the Al15's have had.