What kind of music do you listen to?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
These are just general genres, and i might not include everything, so, forgive me in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I forgive you
  • Reply 2 of 6
    forget this post, i forgot my poll, and i put it in another
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

forget this post, i forgot my poll, and i put it in another

well i dunno if this will get locked, but i'll go ahead. i'd say right now my favorite two genres are punk and then anything "acoustic" (can i use that?). this generally varies from week to week, cause i like pretty much everything.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I like a bit of everything. My iTunes library goes from Merle Haggard to Destiny's Child, Snoop Dogg to Diana Krall, Cheap Trick to Mozart...and any and all points in between.

Something for every occasion.

But if I had to pick one genre, it would be that Steve Earle/Lucinda Williams singer/songwriter, country/rock (alt country?) guitar-based rockin' folk with intelligent lyrics or great story/situation songs, elegantly croaked and a bit whiskey-soaked. And a twangy Telecaster or two never hurts.

How's that?

Second to that, probably just good ol' Gin Blossoms-style power pop...a little jangle, a little crunch, good melodies and nice harmonies. Four chords never killed anybody.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I actually listed about 200 of my CDs in another forum...you could get a good idea of what I listen to from that. Of course, I buy a lot of music these days, thanks to iTMS, and people are always showing me new things, but yeah, I could post that \
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Everything from Rap to Classical

Although I will say that I love hippy s***.

I don't know what genre they'd each be in, but you can't go wrong with hippy stuff like oysterhead, Moe, stringcheese, and keller williams. I suck at listing genres