Interesting implications for new iMacs

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I posted this earlier, then chickened out and deleted it... I got up some more courage, filetered it out a bit more and decided to post another version of it.

A relative of mine works at apple in the iMac SQA division. (in short, he tests osX on unrealeased iMacs). His job is to make sure the os runs on the hardware and any hardware specific bugs. Normally he is not too overworked, but in the past month he has been incredibly busy. He had to go back to cupertino on christmas day so he could start work the day after even though all apple employees are supposed to have the entire week off (he did last year). His section has so much work to do that he is even working today (saturday).

This could have many implications, and is probably yet more proof of a flat screen, but would a different monitor need that much more bug fixing?

This MAY implicate a different type of processor, or an updated OS...

I dunno, I just wanted to get this out there so people could have this to think about in adding up the jan 7th predictions.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Eupfhoria,

You gotta know people are gonna trash your report since... well... since nobody can really put too much faith in anything reported here so before the trashing begings I just wanted to tell you that a new motherboard design alone would be cause enough for SQA testers to work quite a bit of overtime... An LCD would have very little to do with it.

Dave
  • Reply 2 of 8
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Rating On applenut's Reliability Scale

72%
  • Reply 3 of 8
    bhabha Posts: 5member
    well, the steve jobs' hype machine is in full-effect, and i keep wondering if this is to get us all wondering, a smokescreen, or what...

my bet: product photos will finally leak the night somewhere near midnight january 6th. why? well, that's what they did with the "snakebite" 17" monitor and cube, and i guess someone feels that is the "zero-hour" beyond which not too much damage can be done.

plus, they just like to screw with my sleep (i couldn't sleep the night i saw the 17" monitor and cube... ugh)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    What the heck would the display have to do with system performance? OSX works just fine on my iBook...
  • Reply 5 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by BHA:

<strong>my bet: product photos will finally leak the night somewhere near midnight january 6th. why? well, that's what they did with the "snakebite" 17" monitor and cube, and i guess someone feels that is the "zero-hour" beyond which not too much damage can be done.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, it was more like 6 PM PST. It was up for about 20-30 minutes (if that) and then replaced with "REMOVED AT THE DEMAND OF APPLE LEGAL" in bright red.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Eupfhoria, why didn't you get him loaded so he would spill the beans? I'm sure he's got some insider info, you fail because you didn't report it!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Minor issue... Apple didn't give everyone off last year...

Dave
  • Reply 8 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by DaveGee:

<strong>Minor issue... Apple didn't give everyone off last year...

Dave</strong><hr></blockquote>

well, he got it off...we were in another state...

[quote]Eupfhoria,

You gotta know people are gonna trash your report since... well... since nobody can really put too much faith in anything reported here so before the trashing begings I just wanted to tell you that a new motherboard design alone would be cause enough for SQA testers to work quite a bit of overtime... An LCD would have very little to do with it.

<hr></blockquote>

Yeah I know all that, I just wanted to put this out there.