White pro Mouse cord

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Anyone got the white pro mouse yet (I guess it ts the same as the iMac's). Anyway, how long is the cord.... the black pro mouse cord is only about 58cm/22.8 inches (from edge of mouse to start of usb plug). this is too short for the iBook and I am hoping that the white pro mouse is longer.

Could someone let me know how long the cord is ?

Cheers

adam

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I have often found my Pro mouse dragging my pro Keyboard off the desk - but I'm not getting my ruler out to see how far...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I think it's a drop longer, but not by much.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Yes, I could have just measured it, but I'm trying out some stuff with iPhoto and my digital camera, so I took a few shots...

Here they are neck and neck:

And here's what you're left with on the other end:

It's not too much, but enough that I keep the old Pro Mouse cord with 1 loop:

... and the new Pro Mouse cord with 2 loops:

[ 03-04-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 7
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Now there's the definitive answer! Looks like the white mouse might just have enough cord to make it comfortable with an iBook dual USB. Thanks murbot!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    No problem iDave!

I'm just trying to cram in lots of iMac time right now... this little gem goes to my friend who I bought it for at the end of the week.... (got him a sweet deal on it)
  • Reply 6 of 7
    adam11adam11 Posts: 163member
    Yes ! Thanks Murbot... that is just what I needed. My wife has been waiting for one for her iBook .

cheers

adam
  • Reply 7 of 7
    mac's girlmac's girl Posts: 556member
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>

It's not too much, but enough that I keep the old Pro Mouse cord with 1 loop:

... and the new Pro Mouse cord with 2 loops:

[ 03-04-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

my husband was irked by the long wire, so he inserted into the left usb port of the imac's keyboard, then took it up and around the base so the mouse ended up on the right. it didnt need looping anymore.