Where can I get plugins for Safari and...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey:

sorry if this has already been talked about but I have two questions;

1. Where can I get plugins for Safari?

and

2. Where do I install them at?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Well I got it to work with this pdf plug in but safari still says I don't have the Windows Media player plug in installed. I dont know what to do, I have it in internet plugins.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Make sure you have the latest version of WMP installed; only the latest version has a plug-in that works in Safari. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ Even then, some WMP content won't play on a Mac because they're some form of "secure" WMV format that they neglected to put in the Mac player.

Check out Real.com for its player and plug-in. Good luck finding the free version though. \

I think there was a thread about this stuff recently. You might want to perform a search to find it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I have never, I repeat never gotten Microsoft's supposed plug-in to work with any browser including Safari. *cough*asshole company*cough*

Anyhow, Internet browser plugins are stored in the Library's "Internet Plug-Ins" folder. If you drop them into the top-level Library folder, it will be installed for all users. If you drop it into your home Library folder, it will be installed only for you. You will need to restart your browser for changes to take effect.

When you download some software, it'll be in an installer that'll put the plug-ins in the right location. The installer uses the same destination folder that I described above.