Computers in Apple stores running 10.3.1?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was in Chicago yesterday at the Apple store on North Michigan Ave. and was salivating over all the stuff I can't afford when I noticed...every computer in there was running 10.3.1. Why? Wouldn't it make sense to upgrade everything to the newest OS version? Are they worried about instability? It just confused me and I was wondering if anyone here had the answer.

One more thing, I tried to take a picture of the big Apple window that they had cut into the side of the building:

(just because it's awesome looking)

And I was told that I couldn't, because "they didn't want anyone stealing secrets." What's up with that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I was in Chicago yesterday at the Apple store on North Michigan Ave. and was salivating over all the stuff I can't afford when I noticed...every computer in there was running 10.3.1. Why? Wouldn't it make sense to upgrade everything to the newest OS version? Are they worried about instability? It just confused me and I was wondering if anyone here had the answer.

One more thing, I tried to take a picture of the big Apple window that they had cut into the side of the building:

(just because it's awesome looking)

And I was told that I couldn't, because "they didn't want anyone stealing secrets." What's up with that?

most stores/businesses forbid people taking pictures inside of them. reason being, many places do it illegally to check out competitors store layouts, prices, product codes, that sort of thing(also for people casing out the place)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

most stores/businesses forbid people taking pictures inside of them. reason being, many places do it illegally to check out competitors store layouts, prices, product codes, that sort of thing(also for people casing out the place)

That makes sense, I didn't even think of that.

Any ideas on why they aren't upgrading the computers?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

That makes sense, I didn't even think of that.

Any ideas on why they aren't upgrading the computers?

Probably because there is no real need to, and it is not worth the time to update the many computers in the store.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Oh no! The computers in the Apple Store aren't running the latest updates! What's gone wrong with the world?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by EmAn

Oh no! The computers in the Apple Store aren't running the latest updates! What's gone wrong with the world?

I was just a simple question. Not sure why that was needed.