Brotherhood of the Wolf

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well I saw it a long time ago, and recently rewatched it. I was just hoping someone could explain to me why at the end the one guy is being spit at and talking like he is going to die. Why do they want to kill him?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    That is the Marquis (I think) years later during the French Revolution. At the beginning, he is telling the story by writing what had happened. It's essentially a frame story.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    It is a good story, but man, does the ending just GO ON. Those French, they are like that. I like the movie, and I like watching it with the English Voice overs. At the beginning you cannot even tell that it was not made in English because all the mouths are covered up.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I understand what's happening and can't watch it in english, it's french with subtitles for me! I just don't get why the revolution calls for his death. I mean was he some upper class mean person or what?

Ok let me rephrase, I watched the movie a long time ago, and just watched the sweet-ass-sweet fighting scenes last night
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Now this is just weird...I threw this into the dvd player, since i was bored out of my mind and hadn't watched this in about a year, and then i come here and see a new thread about it.

• Reply 5 of 6
    The Marquis had become a Count. The Frenchy rabble wanted ANY royalty to have a date with Madame Guillotine.

I really enjoyed the movie overall.

Monica Bellucci...YIKES!!!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    So anyone know any other similarly good foreign films that are good?