Advice for new ipod user?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Thanks to the CompUSA 10% off sale I just got a new 40GB iPod yesterday. Its a late xmas/early valentines day present from the wife. She got a really nice Coach bag for her gift hehe. We were bad with our money yesterday. :P

My first add-on purchase was an iTrip I got today. It works ohhhhkay (bass is muddier than I'd hoped) ... too bad my Jeeps stock cd player doesnt have an auxillary input. Are there any other car solutions out there besides FM transmitters? I'll probably have to go with some kind of cassette adapter I suppose.

Well anyway, babbling aside, I wanted to ask if you guys had any good tips for a new user. Would like to know where some good iPod oriented sites are (I found www.ipodlounge.com and www.ipodding.com so far). Any useful 3rd party software I should look at? Cool hardware add-ons?

Just looking to expand my iPod knowledge

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Yeah, hang onto it.

I seem to have lost mine over the last few days...

*sigh*
  • Reply 2 of 10
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    OMG you lost it?! Man that sucks.

/me clutches with white knuckles
  • Reply 3 of 10
    for your car radio check out P.I.E they have sound input accessoris for most vehicles
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by dviant

OMG you lost it?! Man that sucks.

/me clutches with white knuckles

Yeah. I listened to it on Wed, and I think Thu. Friday I couldn't find it.

I've ripped apart the house, and my office, and checked all jacket pockets. Am now calling coffee houses, art galleries, etc, that I was in those two days.

*sigh*
  • Reply 5 of 10
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    Damn, that must be a problem. Wish I could send you mine, I have no current use for it. Sorry, there was no need to rub that in.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    You are *so* banned...
  • Reply 7 of 10
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dviant

Are there any other car solutions out there besides FM transmitters? I'll probably have to go with some kind of cassette adapter I suppose.

I've been using a cassette adapter with mine. Not through the greatest sound system I'll admit (my girlfriend's '89 Volvo...great car in great condition otherwise though!), but it has worked quite well for me.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

...now calling coffee houses, art galleries, etc, that I was in those two days...

Ohh, soo Apple...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus

Ohh, soo Apple...

Heh. What can I say, I'm the target market.

BUT... found it. Thank ye flippin' ghods. *whew*