Updated PowerBook G4s on February 2nd?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
According to MacRumors.. If true, let's hope Apple adds a higher capacity battery to the 15-inch. Other than that, it seems like a miniscule bump to me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    I agree... 80 Mhz for the 15" Superdrive model isnt much.. Oh well...

And we could hope for a price-reduction here in Europe..
  • Reply 2 of 13
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Bring it on...

Them's the kind of updates I likes, baby: damn-near-next-to-nothing, in light of my recent purchase of a 15" PowerBook.

80MHz? Yeah, sure...whatever. By all means!

Whew...
  • Reply 3 of 13
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    If this does happen it will be the last G4 PB upgrade that we'll see. After that, they should EOL the G4s and the next PB to come out has to be the G5, IMO.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

If this does happen it will be the last G4 PB upgrade that we'll see. After that, they should EOL the G4s and the next PB to come out has to be the G5, IMO.

Off your rocker.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I would like to hear some corroboration from ThinkSecret or AppleInsider regarding this possible date for new PowerBooks before I buy this rumor.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Bring it on...

Them's the kind of updates I likes, baby: damn-near-next-to-nothing, in light of my recent purchase of a 15" PowerBook.

80MHz? Yeah, sure...whatever. By all means!

Whew...

non spec whore! go away!
  • Reply 7 of 13
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    i think they will be updated soon, but not just yet!

the powermac's are first!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Actually, 2/2 is a Monday. I'd expect 2/3 would be a more logical day for an update - Tuesday after the Superbowl, just like 1984.

However, they're so tied up with this music stuff, expecting a big splash from the Pepsi ads, I don't know if they'll release any computers any time soon.

I suppose they might get around to speed-bumping the PowerMac G5s that week, or maybe later in February. There probably won't be any other computer updates for months. Given that the 15" alubook took 11 months to come out, I wouldn't expect PB updates until Sept. or so anyway.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

Actually, 2/2 is a Monday. I'd expect 2/3 would be a more logical day for an update - Tuesday after the Superbowl, just like 1984.

However, they're so tied up with this music stuff, expecting a big splash from the Pepsi ads, I don't know if they'll release any computers any time soon.

I suppose they might get around to speed-bumping the PowerMac G5s that week, or maybe later in February. There probably won't be any other computer updates for months. Given that the 15" alubook took 11 months to come out, I wouldn't expect PB updates until Sept. or so anyway.

Music is being made out to look like Apple's number one priority, in reality it takes no more of Steve Job's time right now than anything else. Apple is working hard on software, hardware, new products, and the music initiative. Dont be so overwhelmed by marketing hype and keynote addresses. Steve Jobs may have spent the last year and a half with a major focus on the iPod and the iTMS but I'm sure he and Ive are already onto the next major release/product.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

I would like to hear some corroboration from ThinkSecret or AppleInsider regarding this possible date for new PowerBooks before I buy this rumor.

I would wait and buy an actual PowerBook, the cost of production is a wee bit closer to what you'd pay. Plus a rumor won't keep your lap warm.

• Reply 11 of 13
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Music is being made out to look like Apple's number one priority, in reality it takes no more of Steve Job's time right now than anything else. Apple is working hard on software, hardware, new products, and the music initiative. Dont be so overwhelmed by marketing hype and keynote addresses. Steve Jobs may have spent the last year and a half with a major focus on the iPod and the iTMS but I'm sure he and Ive are already onto the next major release/product.

Not to mention all the stuff his other company Pixar, is turning out! I wonder how many hours of work Steve puts in a day.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I don't believe it, but if they came out with longer battery life PBooks, I'd be pissed. 4 Hours my ass...not even 4 if you play music and have the display off.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

I don't believe it, but if they came out with longer battery life PBooks, I'd be pissed. 4 Hours my ass...not even 4 if you play music and have the display off.

Yea, me too... absolutely HATE IT when Apple makes their products better!!!

(puts down bong)