PB Ti 550 losing sound with X

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've got a PB 550 with 768Mb running 10.1.3 and after a few hours of work my speakers just stop working, things look like they are working, just no sound. BTW I haven't just gone deaf.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    This is a common bug in OS X, luckily not in the hardware. I've had it in my 667 TiBook since 10.1.2 I believe. I was hoping it would get fixed in 10.1.3, but it was not.

As far as I know, the only current solution is to reboot. Logging out doesn't even help. Bummer.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    chopper3chopper3 Posts: 293member
    Thanks, that's all I wanted to hear. At least it'll get fixed at some point I guess. I was more worried if it was a hardware thing like the trackpad slowdown on iBook 500's.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    enderender Posts: 353member
    I had that problem frequently on my Ti 667 under 10.1.2... nearly every day. I've only had it happen a couple of times under 10.1.3.

Usually shutting the lid and opening it again fixed the problem. If that didn't work, a reboot always did.

Maybe by 10.2 they'll have it nailed down? It hasn't ever happened on my G4/500 DP though... odd that it only affects the Ti's.

-Ender