.mac problems?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi-

Beginning about 5 pm Jan 19 I've been unable to login to .mac via Mail, the web, iTMS, iChat- none of them will accept my password. My daughter, who has an email account under my login, is also unable to get mail or anything. I've occasionally been unable to get mail from .mac, but I've never been blocked at every service that uses my .mac login. Anyone ellse having this problem? And if not, how do I go about informing somebody at Apple that this problem exists?

Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I have no issues getting into .Mac
  • Reply 2 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Just to cover all the bases, is your subscription up to date?

If it is, then the only thing I could think of is that something in your computer is not allowing authentication for things that require passwords. Has your type of net access changed lately, or have you had any problems with your ISP?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Hi-

Re-upped in September. 'Change Your Password' accepts my birthdate but the secret question (which was "what's your hometown?" has become "who girl is?" which is cryptic, poor english, and not my frigging question.

Over at Apple support discussions there are quite a few people having the same problem, so I'm guessing there are some Webgear problems.

Thanks for responding.

Rob
  • Reply 4 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Yep. Sounds like a security breach. Contact Apple immediately.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    More likely, it's just a server glitch. For the past week or so, Mail has been giving me errors about being "unable to connect to the account" yet it goes ahead and fetches the mail anyway.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Yes, I think it was a db problem. I contacted .mac billing, they reset my password to the default, I changed my password. The interesting part was that "my" question, "who girl is", now had the answer "amber". I do not now and have never before known anyone named Amber. I'm guessing some poor sap out there is trying to guess what my hometown is.

Rob