Denzel Washington WATCH For Sale!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The propmaster I worked for on Remember The Titans is selling the watch that Denzel Washington wore in the movie. He didn't tell me about it until TODAY or else I would have posted this info here SOONER. Here is the link to the auction, tell your friends and neighbors!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9&category=790

Mods I was talking to my friend on the phone while I was typing this, I meant to title this thread "Denzel Washington WATCH For Sale". If anybody wants to fix it that would be great!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Edited your title upon your request.

However this watch is ugly
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Edited your title upon your request.

However this watch is ugly

those watchbands were so hot in the late sixties/early 70's i believe i had one myself, it went with my nehru jacket.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Totally agree, that watch is FUGLY!

The movie was set in the 1970's and Denzel gravitated to that watch during a show and tell. There are a lot of movie props on sale on eBay, but there aren't as many props for sale by the actual propmasters. The studios today save all of the hero props purchased for the movie and sell them later so that they can make even MORE money on the popularity of the movie. It took them forever to realize what they were missing out on, I think that Aaron Spelling was the first company to leverage these kinds of assets.

This watch was part of Dwight's personal collection, what propmasters call their "kits".

I wish that he'd let me know sooner because I could have FARKED him (www.fark.com) but I'm not a member there.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Hmmm.... 10 day listing with only 1 day remaining. The bidding is up to $1.50
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Yes....he pretty well sucks at marketing. He could've had that thing up to crazy prices by now if he'd done it right! Of course, if his reserve isn't met I'll help him the next time around....I think that he's out of time!
  • Reply 6 of 8
  • Reply 7 of 8
    wha? What'd I say?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I think my father used to have one of those.