Apple branded CMS

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just a thought, why doesn't Apple come up with an Apple Branded CMS (content management system)? They've got the technology in the form of Webobjects that could be leveraged into a slick, simple, intutive, flexible, yet powerfull solution that is currently missing in the market today. You know, typical Apple type shiznaz. Sure you could have one custom built, but that gets pricey. Don't get me started on current pre packaged offerings in the copporate world, they will run you in the neighborhood of $90,000 - $200,000 range and up. And that's not even including implemntation or customization. Make this an OS X only app and think of all the corporate customers lining up to buy this and a nice rack mounted G5 Xserve to host it on. Ka-Ching! Could provide a nice little inroad into the corporate world as well. Oh well, that's my 2 cents. Any thoughts of your own?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I will stick with Jelsoft for my Forums and CMS. They are the leader right now. VB3 is incredablally powerful.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Write

I will stick with Jelsoft for my Forums and CMS. They are the leader right now. VB3 is incredablally powerful.

that's fine for running comunity based forums, but not much fun wrangling into a CMS type of solution.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Wow. This is about the same as asking Apple to write a book for Philosophy 101.

The CMS market is so incredibly crowded. Especially so by companies that do this, and only this, day in and day out. Not to mention your FREE open source CMS systems. Apple has no business being in the CMS business. None. At all.

If Apple entered the CMS market, I'd cut off my balls.

I have no intention of cutting off my balls, which is about as much intention Apple has of building a CMS. And God forbid they build one in WebObjects. Talk about limiting the ****ing market.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Wow. This is about the same as asking Apple to write a book for Philosophy 101.

The CMS market is so incredibly crowded. Especially so by companies that do this, and only this, day in and day out. Not to mention your FREE open source CMS systems. Apple has no business being in the CMS business. None. At all.

If Apple entered the CMS market, I'd cut off my balls.

I have no intention of cutting off my balls, which is about as much intention Apple has of building a CMS. And God forbid they build one in WebObjects. Talk about limiting the ****ing market.

relax lo, put the scissors down (there may be a pun in there some where). true, the market is extremely crowded, but nobody really does it right in my book. i see a definite void in the market place between the free or low cost bloging/cms scripts and the very pricey cms software packages being offered today. personally, i could care less where it comes from, i just saw this as a way selling more boxes in the long run. i threw out webobjects because apple has control of it and they did a pretty slick job of integrating it into itunes.