Yahoo and iSight?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've read that they work together... but I can't make it happen.

YM 2.5.3 and OS X 10.2.8

733mhz G4

help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I remember getting it to work with Yahoo! Messenger, but I really don't remember the details. It was pretty straightforward. The Yahoo webcam feature is video only, I think.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    All I have hooked up is the cam... and the yahoo preferences say it's in use... which it isn't. I don't care about the audio at the moment.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    As I recall I just hooked up my iSight and yahoo messenger worked with it without requiring any tinkering whatsoever. The video was a bit choppy, but useable. It's been so long though I can't be certain. Perhaps I'll re-install YM and give it a whirl.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

All I have hooked up is the cam... and the yahoo preferences say it's in use... which it isn't. I don't care about the audio at the moment.

Does it work in other apps like iMovie 4, QT Broadcaster, EvoCam, etc? If not, then try plugging it into another FireWire port (odd thing to do, but I've run across this before.)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

mske sure ichat is not active

it works great under yahoo ...video only no audio

the yahoo osx client dosent do audio at the moment
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I have yahoo on and then I plug in the camera and then IChat starts up on it's own... it's not even iChat AV...

I go to the yahoo preferences and it gives me the camera in use message.

Frustrating.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Do I have to reinstall Yahoo after getting the iSIght?