1/20 came and went - NO APPLE STUFF

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
happy birthday macintosh! LOL :LOL:

no new g-5, no imac no ibook, no new fangled "star trek-esc" Mac so..... did they at least buy a cake? lol

seriously though, by reading this site, i thought that there would be.....something, so do we hype too much or did apple let us down?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Um, total hype, speculation, wishful thinking, and entitlement?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    how bout a new option: its just now the beginning of the week--there's a lot more to come.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    How about: They knew the State of the Union would dominate news. Nobody releases products then. Besides, the date to commemorate will be next tuesday... MY OWN 20th BIRTHDAY

Mark my words...
  • Reply 4 of 15
    neilybneilyb Posts: 128member
    the Mac's b-day is actually Jan 24th; not that Apple would release anything on a Saturday, but if they are planning something, realease anytime in the next two weeks would be appropriate. Further, I wouldn't be surprised if Apple celebrates the 20th anniversary year, in some way, throughout 2004...

neilyb
  • Reply 5 of 15
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    the birthday is the 24th and the "superbowl" anniversary is the 22nd...
  • Reply 6 of 15
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Boy those options suck. Now wonder nobody has voted.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    I don't see the point of releasing new gear so soon - not many people have any money left after Christmas.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

I don't see the point of releasing new gear so soon - not many people have any money left after Christmas.

what about people like me that are getting their new apple products either as a christmas present or from christmas money. in fact, i've ben waiting for about 5 months for the next powermac upgrade. patience....
  • Reply 9 of 15
    I added fourth and fifth options that better suit my own feelings.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    What, you don't like chocolate?
  • Reply 11 of 15
    I was hoping to find "Apple disappointed - commit ritual seppuku" on the list, but no luck.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

how bout a new option: its just now the beginning of the week--there's a lot more to come.

I'm excited. We've got a lot of awesome stuff coming in the next year!
  • Reply 13 of 15
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    what's the deal of 20????

AFAIK 24th is the anniversary of macs....

and today, ... happy monkey year.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

what's the deal of 20????

The 20th is - or was, at this point - a Tuesday, the traditional day of the week for an Apple hardware or software release of some sort.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    I think stuff will come when its ready, Apple wont just hold stuff to delight the macheads. When it's ready it is announced, or if a show happens to fall at a time right when a product is ready, has been ready for only a short time, or will be ready shortly (iPod mini). I dont think Apple has the market share to be fooling around with history.