Sony Ericsson P900

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi,



Looks like tomorrow i will be a proud owner of sony-ericsson P900.



Do you know if it works WELL with iSync ?

P800s had few problems...



Also Sailing Clicker for 800/900 series should arrive here around february, but did any of you had any chance to play with it? (MWSF, or perhaps some beta testers around?)



Any opinions appreciated.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 13
    bjerbjer Posts: 67member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by piwozniak

    Hi,



    Looks like tomorrow i will be a proud owner of sony-ericsson P900.





    Any opinions appreciated.




    Syncs with address book well. But still some problems in the software. Can't do the bluetooth-addressbook-sms, for example. This was great on the 610 and the 800 but just won't work on the 900.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    BJer,



    When you go and try to set up new Blue... device, it will tell you right there, that it won't work with address book, It connects OK, but won't do anything.



    iSync/GPRS/sending files works perfectly.



    Do you know if memorySticks Duo PRO can be used?
  • Reply 3 of 13
    bjerbjer Posts: 67member
    You are right. Guys from SE Asia tell me that there will be updated software soon to address this issue. Also, apparently there are other BT problems with this phone- I have some of them, like dropped connection with even a SE BT headphone. Read http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/4512.html.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    FFFFFUUUUUU*******KKKKKK!!!!!!



    So i just lost all my .mac e-mails!!!!!

    Delete message should delete it from the device not the server!

    Just like on T610.





    FUK!!!!!!
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

    Originally posted by piwozniak

    FFFFFUUUUUU*******KKKKKK!!!!!!



    So i just lost all my .mac e-mails!!!!!

    Delete message should delete it from the device not the server!

    Just like on T610.





    FUK!!!!!!




    Huh? How'd your cell phone manage to delete your emails?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Whisper

    Huh? How'd your cell phone manage to delete your emails?



    You can program almost any phone to check your .mac account (any pop).



    In case of t68,t610, when you marked a message for deletion i was removing it from the phone, but copy original was intact, in other words it would not download it to the phone during next 'check email'



    But P900 syncs e-mails with the server, so when you erase from your phone, it will also erase it from the server.



    It can be both good and bad depends how you look at it, but ehm, if i would know....
  • Reply 7 of 13
    othelloothello Posts: 1,053member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by BJer

    Can't do the bluetooth-addressbook-sms, for example. This was great on the 610 and the 800 but just won't work on the 900.



    that doesn't work on the 800 either, and as an 800 owner it REALLY annoys me. especially as i used it all the time with my nokia 6310...
  • Reply 8 of 13
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Hi,



    are there similar issues with the Z600,

    or is that model syncing fine?
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Hi.



    I just bought a P900, and i can't get it to isync.

    It paired fine with Bluetooth, but isync just will not see it ! How can i manage to sync, if isync will not see my phone !



    Please help...
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

    Originally posted by piwozniak

    You can program almost any phone to check your .mac account (any pop).



    In case of t68,t610, when you marked a message for deletion i was removing it from the phone, but copy original was intact, in other words it would not download it to the phone during next 'check email'



    But P900 syncs e-mails with the server, so when you erase from your phone, it will also erase it from the server.



    It can be both good and bad depends how you look at it, but ehm, if i would know....




    There should be an option that says do not delete mail from server on your phone (when you download mail to the phone it will leave them on the server). I'm not positive but most every pop email app has it.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Ti Fighter

    There should be an option that says do not delete mail from server on your phone (when you download mail to the phone it will leave them on the server). I'm not positive but most every pop email app has it.



    Not in this case.



    There's no such option.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    thats wack, even my sidekick has that, syncing with the server is lame on a device that has limited memory \
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Ti Fighter

    thats wack, even my sidekick has that, syncing with the server is lame on a device that has limited memory \



    Not even that, but i have it set up so it downloads only message header (i don't need to see my daily share of porn images, viagra stuff and bank loans) so i don't use GPRS bandwidth so much. Now if i got new e-mail with 7MB attachment, i'm stuck.



    1. i don't want to download the whole thing as it would take forever, and my limit would be gone in 2 days...

    2. It will show up as new email until i delete it on the server using Notes, or open it so it won't be flagged as new.

    Not very convenient if you're away or don't have your laptop with you (hey, isn't it why i can check e-mails on this damn thing?)



    bummer
Sign In or Register to comment.