• Reply 1 of 17
    17 D3P3ND5
  • Reply 2 of 17
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    If you have to ask, you will never be.

EVAR
  • Reply 3 of 17
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    First get an über elite hacker name like me!

Man do I hate that shite. I just chose ast3r3x because I didn't know how to spell the real word
  • Reply 4 of 17
    well, here's the thing,

I kinda have a feel and I can do it, but I don't know if it's right or wrong, or the best way to represent it.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    There is no right or wrong to "leet speak" because it's all wrong. It's gibberish any way you look at it and the only people that seem to care deeply for it are the hacker-wannabes, the script kiddies, and the outcasts from "the real world" who want to build a "cool" image of themselves among the other outcasts online.

No offense intended.

woot.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    the sad part is that most "leet" speak originally arose as quick/common typos in online gaming.

so hte suddenly became a cool way to spell the. i would guess that kids saw long time gamers typing words wrong this way and figured it must be some kind of in, cool way to type/talk. so they adopted it. then figured more is merrier and took it from there.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    thas teh suck
  • Reply 8 of 17
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Language is never wrong. Communication means it's right.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    \ sorrry...edit.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    you can go to theL33t-5p34k G3n3r@t0r for some assistance or try the Hacker Translator o|\\|e of +e|-|$e $|-|o|_|l|) ge+ _|00 $+@r+e|) o|\\| +e|-| ro@|) +o 1337 |-|@|>|>i|\\|e$$

.........rog|_|e |)og r@|\\||)'/
  • Reply 11 of 17
    1 a|\\/| L3et3R th4N YOu!
  • Reply 12 of 17
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    If you want to be the leetest ultra-geek you can be, learn to speak Klingon.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

If you want to be the leetest ultra-geek you can be, learn to speak Klingon.

If you want to be the "leetest" trekie then that is a good idea... but the general geek is not defined by his ability to speak Klingon.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Brad's post nails it. And I don't know what in the hell bunge is talking about.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    3y3 p0wn awL j000!zzz!!111 omg u r teh sukc
  • Reply 16 of 17
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    hey whatever happened to 1337 like Al Gore anyway? Best name ever!
  • Reply 17 of 17
    sunreinsunrein Posts: 138member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

There is no right or wrong to "leet speak" because it's all wrong. It's gibberish any way you look at it and the only people that seem to care deeply for it are the hacker-wannabes, the script kiddies, and the outcasts from "the real world" who want to build a "cool" image of themselves among the other outcasts online.

No offense intended.

woot.

Amen.

In the words of Jay (of Jay and Silent Bob):

"Who talks like that? That?s baby-talk."