Very Strange OS X Bug?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Umm, yeah.

It just happened, and I managed to take a snap. A Mac OS X bug or Safari bug, I don't know. I'm assuming it's a Mac OS X bug. It looks like a bug somehow linked to Exposé as the panel is "Exposé size", and yet this panel fades upon activation of Exposé.

Here it is.

Thought I'd share this with you. m.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    That is odd...want to hear another?

Sometimes when I go to my desktop, I'll click somewhere and it will be like I've already clicked in the bottom right hand corner and am making a selection box. It's very annoying and I have to restart the finder to get it working again.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I've had the cursor do some wacky stuff where it acts as if it's already pressed elsewhere too. It only happens for me when I'm playing a quicktime preview in column view (such as an mp3 or movie). Then I can't select things properly, drag selecting shows two drag boxes flashing and it is generally messy.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Sometimes if windows are created while Expose is first being engaged and is in the first part of the sliding/scaling animation, there can be weird effects like this. I seem to recall there being some very strange behaviors with drawers (like in Mail.app) when they are sliding and Expose is activated.

This is from memory because I'm not at my Mac right now. Anyone here care to test the Mail.app drawer bug?

Regardless, yes, there are still a few minor bugs in Expose. It's not bad, though, for the first-generation release of its kind.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Hmmm... I couldn't remember any commands that brought a sheet 'out' of Mail, but I did get some other crazy stuff to happen.

Error Dialog

Sidebar goof in Exposé Activated

Sidebar goof
  • Reply 5 of 7
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    Seeing you are using ShapeShifter as I am and you are experiencing the same bugs I have, I'd think ShapeShifter would be the cause.

I think the software was updated today, has anybody already tried it today ?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Sometimes if windows are created while Expose is first being engaged and is in the first part of the sliding/scaling animation, there can be weird effects like this.

Yeah, I specifically remember Exposé not being used at the time of the screen shot above. I did use it about 10 seconds beforehand, however.

Quote:

I seem to recall there being some very strange behaviors with drawers (like in Mail.app) when they are sliding and Expose is activated.

Easily replicated

Quote:

Regardless, yes, there are still a few minor bugs in Expose. It's not bad, though, for the first-generation release of its kind.

It's not like they kill the system ? they appear to be purely superficial, and I'm fine with that. (Though fixing it would be nice). m.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    It's not a ShapeShifter bug, it is, as the others said, just a problem with Exposé kicking in before the window is there. I did however have this weird thing happen when I used Exposé while ShapeShifter was changing a theme and after it restarted Finder I switched into the desktop mode of Exposé and it never went back to my other applications.