Stand alone flash player for OS X?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I need one quickly to play a .exe flash file-possible???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    My friend sent me his flash movie created on a PC and I cant open it with anything, what can I do? Does his file need to be a .swf formated file to play? I'm really at a loss here. This kid needs this to play in the school library off of a laptop tomorrow, and he needs a mac to run this. I dont want him to get a horrendous image of the mac platform from one stupid compatability issue...this is the kind of thing that poisons Apple in the minds of PC users.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    You can't play an EXE without Windows. That's an EXEcutable file, a binary compiled for Windows (or DOS.) The EXE Flash files are basically a combo file. They're both the movie and a separate movie player rolled into one file. I'm sorry, but I don't know of any way to separate the two so you could play just the swf file.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    What if he just sent me the .swf part of the "combo file"?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I believe you can get a stand alone Flash player from www.versiontracker.com

Other than that, all you have to do (and this works for both the mac and windows) is create a single HTML page with the flash file imbedded in it. Then launch the HTML page and the browser will call the Flash plugin and your friend can show his movie.

EIther way you need the SWF.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    thanks man
  • Reply 6 of 6
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Quicktime seems to play .swf's for me...