in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://americanresearchgroup.com/nhpoll/

Kerry: 31%

Clark: 20%

Dean: 18%

Undecided: 12%

Edwards: 11%

Others: Less than 10%

Clark was not hurt by Kerry's 1st place finish in Iowa, able to keep his base of 20% of the vote from before and after the Iowa caucuses.

The biggest drop has been in the support for Howard Dean, who continues to fall in the polls, losing 10% in the last week.

It's getting very interesting up here in the Granite State!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

http://americanresearchgroup.com/nhpoll/

Kerry: 31%

Clark: 20%

Dean: 18%

Undecided: 12%

Edwards: 11%

Others: Less than 10%

Clark was not hurt by Kerry's 1st place finish in Iowa, able to keep his base of 20% of the vote from before and after the Iowa caucuses.

The biggest drop has been in the support for Howard Dean, who continues to fall in the polls, losing 10% in the last week.

It's getting very interesting up here in the Granite State!

this is weird. in the past day, i have seen polls w/edwards, dean, and clark in the 2nd position. polling for these things seems pretty sucky. as a side note, i hate the power of polling wrt marginilizing candidates and who we "should" support and who gets press coverage, etc.

as an aside -- did anyone catch dean on letterman last night? it was great!
  • Reply 2 of 13
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Did anyone see the 'Dean interview' on Conan O'Brien? They interviewed all of the Demo front-runners (Plus Martha Stuart). I almost busted my stitches from laughing so hard.

Dean still has a chance. The only thing that can derail him, in my opinion, is if a reporter asks him to characterize the threat George Bush poses to Our Precious Bodily Fluids.

Aries 1B
  • Reply 3 of 13
    That's interesting, but the tracking poll on www.zogby.com shows Clark sliding steadily.

All polls so far are also "pre-debate" polls and everyone agrees Clark looked like a deer in front of headlights in the debate last night.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    You're going to trust the same polls that got Iowa so wrong? Closest Iowa caucus ever, huh?
  • Reply 5 of 13
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

You're going to trust the same polls that got Iowa so wrong? Closest Iowa caucus ever, huh?

True, but the Caucuses are much different than a primary. Voters get together and try and convince each other. A primary is very different.

In any case, this is most interesting. I think Dean is finished, and I think it's because of his rant...not just his results in Iowa. He's the butt of so many late night talk show jokes it's not even funny.

Kerry looks impressive right now. I am assuming the GOP is counting on him now to be the nominee.

The big question: Can Kerry beat Bush? I honestly think Clark would have a better chance. Kerry, despite his war record, is going to be cursed by his "Massachusetts liberal" VOTING record. He also looks and speaks like a goon. He has this morbid look and tone about him...don't you think?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

True, but the Caucuses are much different than a primary. Voters get together and try and convince each other. A primary is very different.

Alright, that does it.

WHAT THE HELL IS A CAUCUS ANYWAY THEN???
  • Reply 7 of 13
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Wow!! after kidding about supporting Sharpton i was impressed last night at the debate. vote sharpton!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Alright, that does it.

I assume you're really asking. This does a pretty good job of explaining it.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Alright, that does it.

This.

Realplayer required.

SDW is right. For example, Kucinich told ordered his supporters in Iowa to caucus for Edwards if either one of them was not at "viability" and the other could provide the requisite votes.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

Alright, that does it.

you disappoint me...i'm 13 and i kno lol just messin' with you
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by PS5533

you disappoint me...i'm 13 and i kno lol just messin' with you

Yeah, I know... you're really 12...
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

I assume you're really asking. This does a pretty good job of explaining it.

Yeah, thanks.

So it's basically a non-anonymous voting system. Hmm. Like the debating part of it, dislike the publicity of one's vote. Small town politics and peer pressure can be lethal.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Yeah, I know... you're really 12...