Advice on a Remote Control?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi all.

I've finally had it with my remote control. I have one of those 4-in-1 things, and it drives me insane. I still have to use TWO other remotes to control everything.

Here's what I have to run:

Apex HD TV set

Comcast digital cable box

Apex DVD player

Bose Wave Radio

The remote I have now came with the cable system, and while it will control most of the functions of my television, it won't access the AV menu, and so I can't use it to switch to my DVD player (which it runs fine), which means I *still* have to use the TV remote. It won't run the Bose, but I suspect nothing will except the chicklet remote that came with it.

I realize I may have to fork out some dough for a good remote here, but can anyone help me out?

Cheers

Scott

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Universal Remote MX series

Harmony Remote

Marantz

Don't bother with the Sony remotes.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Universal Remote MX series

Harmony Remote

Marantz

Don't bother with the Sony remotes.

Thanks!

Will these run my Bose Waveradio?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Thanks!

Will these run my Bose Waveradio?

Have no idea really, but most IR universal remotes can learn the others by pointing one at another and doing some button pressing magic. Is the waveradio remote an IR or RF remote?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Have no idea really, but most IR universal remotes can learn the others by pointing one at another and doing some button pressing magic. Is the waveradio remote an IR or RF remote?

I suspect it is RF. I have never, EVER been able to get a multi-remote to work with it.

In addition, do the remotes you've suggested feature a "page up" and "page down" button?