Slappin' the guitar...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've picked up a guitar a few times and can't for the life of me figure it out. I'm more of a keyboard man.......

The guy in this video is pretty good... I don't think I've ever seen anyone slap a guitar before (bass yes). Although he's a little off in the beginning... at the end he's amazing. His fiingers are doing the ol' rubberband pencil trick.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/guitar.php

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Pretty sweet stuff. Only part I did not like was the overdone 32nd note part about halfway through. (Where he goes for like 10 seconds). But very amazing.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    My bad. Those were not 32nd notes, seem to be triplets or sextuplets. But who's counting anyways? Lol.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    That's impressive! I've been playing guitar for years, and recently got myself a bass off eBay (mostly just because of which bass it was, Epiphone Explorer, it's so sexy) and I've been really getting into learning slap bass lately. I can almost not believe that anybody could play slap on a 6 string that fast and have it sound that good.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Yeah, saw that a couple months ago, posted on a an all-bass forum most forumites made comments like "here's what happens when you give a guitar to a bassist" ...etc.

It's pretty cool.

If you want to see some INSANE slap guitar, check out Regi Wooten, Victor Wooten's oldest brother, who taught him how to play bass.