"removed" - So it must be true ??? iPod on updates 1/27???

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
"removed" - So it must be true ??? iPod updates on 1/27???

New iPods on 1/27 ???

Here is why I think so....

I went to a local CompUSA in Columbus Ohio (Easton Mall Location) the demo iPod was removed

same with the MicroCenter

Currently, iPods have three models 20GB, 40GB and the new 15GB

With the current iPod line up the 20GB is priced 100$ more than the 15GB model -But is only a 5GB storage bump

So here is what I think........

As part of the special 20th Anniversary release:- the next iPod generation is made to the 20GB and 40GB models (prices stays the same)

The current 15GB iPod will not change in generation/model. (only the 20 && 40B) But the special features of the 20 & 40 GB iPods will intise you to spend more money for the new features

What would these special features be?

A) Longer run time from a charge (currently 8hrs...perhaps 12-16?_

B) Black light would be blue... or perhaps changeable like C) Delphi XM Roadys' satellite reciver

*picture below

D) Avalible in the same colors as the iPod mini (20 & 40GB only)

E) bluetooth intergration for cell phones....etc.

More supporting events of a possible iPod update

- HP will use 3rd generation iPod models

- 1984 Ad was changed to include an iPod

-- Dell DJ (iPod wanna-be) slashed prices big time --Apple needs new hype

- iTunes give away -- would smart to have a new "hot" item during the give away

- Apple held off on the release so it would still be "new" and "hot" during the S.B. // iTunes-Pepsi Ad -yet take advantage of the anniversary

So I think we will see something "big" Tuesday

iBox .... or iMac G5.... or PowerMac speed bump.

But this (new iPods) will be part of the anniversary "party"

*edit* Also just in time for that tax return check 8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Whether or not what you have stated comes to pass... I have to give you a major compliment for your well thought-out and stated ideas. You make compelling points. We'll know soon, I guess.

Personally, I think that with the "skinny" upgrades at MWSF, we should be seeing some nice things in the next two weeks. (I say "skinny" in the bumps that we are used to, not so skinny for GB and the miniPod.)

After looking at what you have said, I am inclined to agree with you. It seems the days of "snow" colored everything are over. It's time for anodized aluminum and brushed metal!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by M.O.S.T

I went to a local CompUSA in Columbus Ohio (Easton Mall Location) the demo iPod was removed

same with the MicroCenter

I don't know about your shops (UK person here), but where I work (Maplin) if we run out of non-display stock, we tend to sell the display model. Or is that just us?

To me, not having display models out would just indicate that the pods have been selling really well...

But then, I don't want them to update - I want my 40GB to stay top-of-the-line for a bit longer.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Just after bringing the MiniMe-Pods, Apple will most likely not touch the iPods for quite some time. Why introduce a iPod SE even before the iPod minis are selling worldwide? To confuse customers?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Peel

I don't know about your shops (UK person here), but where I work (Maplin) if we run out of non-display stock, we tend to sell the display model. Or is that just us?

To me, not having display models out would just indicate that the pods have been selling really well...

But then, I don't want them to update - I want my 40GB to stay top-of-the-line for a bit longer.

A lot of places will sell the display item, but this is not always the case. When display items are sold, especially with electronics, they are offered at a discount because they are not new. If the Manager does not want to mark it down, and eat the cost, then they wont sell them. On an item like the iPod this could happen a few times throughout the year which could cut into his monthly and year end bonus which are usually based on store profits.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JCG

A lot of places will sell the display item, but this is not always the case. When display items are sold, especially with electronics, they are offered at a discount because they are not new.

also, in my experience, the display models have had the utter CRAP kicked out of them by every kid bored wandering the store, or every single shopper trying out the knobs and buttons over and over and over...

i don't care how cheap it is... i've seen what people do to display models, and i don't think they could knock off enough % to make me buy, knowing what i know.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

also, in my experience, the display models have had the utter CRAP kicked out of them by every kid bored wandering the store, or every single shopper trying out the knobs and buttons over and over and over...

i don't care how cheap it is... i've seen what people do to display models, and i don't think they could knock off enough % to make me buy, knowing what i know.

Actually I have a Cube that was a display model, got it for about 50% off around 8 months after the Cube went off the market. It was in good shape, and has worked flawlessly. Of course I did get the 3 year Apple Care with it for insuance. The only thing that I have done so far to it is install OS X, a new mouse (my 18 month old son got ahold of it and the cord didn't survive)and put in a 40 GB hard drive. I do understand your sentament on the matter, and I woud have a hard time paying even 75% of full price on a display model, but there is a time when the deal is worth the risk.