Powerbook G3

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am having a problem with a PowerBook G3 (No firewire or USB). I have a wireless networking card made by Lucent Technologies. It works under OS 9.2 but OS X.2 does not even recognize it. I downloaded a generic driver, but I don't even think that it is even getting powered. Please Help

Macaddict16

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    If it's not getting powered, you might not have it installed correctly. Go into your Apple menu, select "about this computer" and click on "More info". This should give you information about what is installed in your PCI slot. If you don't find the card listed among the hardware on your computer, it isn't being recognized by your computer for some reason. Try to find a OS X specific driver.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Have you tried both PC card slots? You might have to press really hard to get it to work. I had the same computer and also the same brand of wireless card, and I remember that one of my PC card slots had a metal piece inside that was stuck, so I could only use one of the slots.

However, you said it's recognized in OS 9 and it works, but it doesn't even show up in OS X. That could be bad... mine showed up but didn't work, and I never got around to downloading the third party drivers because I ended up selling the machine soon after.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Is this the driver you used? People have good results with it....

http://wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net/download.html