Help-Panther ate my permissions

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently upgraded to 10.3.2 from 10.2.8 and I'm having some serious problems.

Anything that requires authentication simply does not work. Well-it works the first time after a reboot, but after that, nothing. I can't sudo from the command line. I can't install anything that asks for my password. Rebooting will give me one more swing at it, but it's very obnoxious.

I've tried repairing permissions, I've tried repairing my keychain, deleting my keychain, I've even tried deleting my Netinfo database! None of this does any good. I can't change network settings, setup new accounts, autologin to iChat...it's very obnoxious.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gizzmonic

I recently upgraded to 10.3.2 from 10.2.8 and I'm having some serious problems.

Anything that requires authentication simply does not work. Well-it works the first time after a reboot, but after that, nothing. I can't sudo from the command line. I can't install anything that asks for my password. Rebooting will give me one more swing at it, but it's very obnoxious.

I've tried repairing permissions, I've tried repairing my keychain, deleting my keychain, I've even tried deleting my Netinfo database! None of this does any good. I can't change network settings, setup new accounts, autologin to iChat...it's very obnoxious.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions?

i haven't experienced it, but when you say you repaired the permissions, did you boot from the os x disk and repair, or did you just do it on the startup disk? i normally use the startup disk, but if things keep acting quirky, i boot from the install disk