Multifunction Laser Printer search

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm looking for a laser printer that is an all-in-one, with a fax and a scanner. I'm also in search of one with the smallest possible footprint, as I am in a very small home office.

It must have OS X drivers, and ideally has an ethernet connection for networking, and a USB connection of course.

If anyone has any recommendations, especially from use, I'd be delighted to hear.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I just purchased a Brother machine which is awesome. Check out their site. I highly recommend Brother.

matthew
  • Reply 2 of 5
    bjnybjny Posts: 191member
    The $399 Brother 8500 does indeed print, copy and fax, and its footprint is small.

What I didn't like is that all the buttons are not at the front of the machine, and that I prefer a flatbed design for copying if I have multiple small receipts. The HP 3200m at $699 has the controls at the front as well as 1200dpi vs. 600, but the 3200 series has mostly terrible reviews at <a href="http://www.epinion.com"; target="_blank">www.epinion.com</a>

These two units meet all my requirements. I was about to purchase the Brother 9700 at $599 when just a few days ago I read a press release that HP will have a $ 699 3330mfp available by the end of April. I will wait for it as 1200dpi and better industrial design is important to me.

There are a couple of other units that Brother offers. They're usually on display at Staples whenever I visit. Hope this helps.

[ 03-16-2002: Message edited by: BJNY ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    According to the tech specs for the Brother HP8500 it does not support OS X, which makes it useless for me...is the info on their .pdf out of date?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Are any of these MFPs networkale, i.e. come with an Ethernet port? I'm especially interested in having a peripheral that can laser print, send faxes for any Mac on my network and receive faxes autonomously.

So far I've found that separate devices for each function perform better and are easier to support. But it's more expensive and, even worse, takes up tons of space to have separate printer, fax and scanner. (This is obivously why we have MFPs.)

Escher