Kerry is a Skull and Bones member too?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
OK, I'm not a conspiracy freak, but this is getting creepy! What is the deal?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    links?
  • Reply 2 of 19
    What's so creepy about being a member of a fraternity?
  • Reply 3 of 19
    " . . . the . . . MASTERS!!!!!! . . . !"

• Reply 6 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

What's so creepy about being a member of a fraternity?

Those silly polo shirts and beer-chuggin antics freak me out!

No, seriously.... Read about S&B. It's a little creepy. Just my opinion. Interesting topic if nothing else...
  • Reply 7 of 19
    Seems everything that I've read about Skull and Bones is more conspiracy-oriented and less fact-based. Anyone got some non-opinionated pieces on these characters?

Why is it when people have a common ground, everyone believes something is up? Look at us, Mac users, and look at the divergent opinions. Just because we use Macs, are we part of a destory Windows conspiracy that is ruling the computing world?
  • Reply 8 of 19
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Well, yes!
  • Reply 9 of 19
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

Just because we use Macs, are we part of a destory Windows conspiracy that is ruling the computing world?

Only if you also know the secret handshake and can show us your initiation tattoo.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Damnit, someone forgot to send some memos to some people again.

Initation tattoo... you youngster have it so easy.... why back when I pledged...

Nick
  • Reply 11 of 19
    S&B society was all-male and extremely sexist.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

S&B society was all-male and extremely sexist.

It was all male, because Yale was all male. Neither, anymore, though. It's member selection these days is more egalitarian, too, from what I understand.

My opinion, it's college buddies looking out for each other. It's just that their innate abilities, the school they went to, and their family influence and money (not necessarily in that order) make their mutual favors a little more significant than Joe the plumber watching out for his high school buddy, Bob the carpenter. They're well aware of that difference, from the very beginning, but still...people are people.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Sure... all of us fraternal types are after running the world... Right after Apple does... so you all have nothing to worry about.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Sure... all of us fraternal types are after running the world... Right after Apple does... so you all have nothing to worry about.

Derrrr.... were you in Skull and Bones? No?

...what the everyday garden variety generic fraternity that plagues America's colleges?

I thought you had a point...
  • Reply 15 of 19
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Kerry is addicted to hockey? Wow, I suddenly have this impulse to make a nonsensical vote! ...So... THIS is what the majority of the American public feels like when they decide who to vote for. Fascinating....
  • Reply 16 of 19
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

Derrrr.... were you in Skull and Bones? No?

...what the everyday garden variety generic fraternity that plagues America's colleges?

I thought you had a point...

Alliegance to the Worlds Oldest Fraternity, founded in its modern form in 1717.

The "garden variety generic fraterinty" on a college campus is an abomination to the concept of fraternity. I took great pride in helping one get suspended for four years at my alma mater. These serial-raping, beer swilling, test file using wanna-be's don't have the first damn clue about "brotherhood" . Disgusting.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Quote:

Alliegance to the Worlds Oldest Fraternity, founded in its modern form in 1717.

The "garden variety generic fraterinty" on a college campus is an abomination to the concept of fraternity. I took great pride in helping one get suspended for four years at my alma mater. These serial-raping, beer swilling, test file using wanna-be's don't have the first damn clue about "brotherhood" . Disgusting.

My alma mater had NO fraternities or sororities and only had one intermural sport . . .and yet it was a large resident UC system school: UC Santa Cruz

. . . Go Banana Slugs

Ultimate frisbee masters . . .
  • Reply 18 of 19
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    I think fraternities and clubs have changed ALOT since the 60's.

I think there was a bit more substance to them before vietnam.

Afterwards they became Keg depositories.

I don't think the S&B's can be THAT exclusive... they let in C student Bush in didn't they?
  • Reply 19 of 19
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

You are my hero.