Apple on local news

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I figure this is FH worthy...

My wife informed me today that while she was watching the news @ noon here, they had a news blurb about Apple running a Super Bowl ad. This is really wierd because we are out in West Texas and the local news NEVER puts anything about tech stuff. We dont have much tech businesses so they dont show it. I guess someone there is a Mac man and decided to run a little blurb... Funny they would run a rumor!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Im gonna go out on a limb and say that this isn't hardware related. AdAge has listed the companies who will be advertising. Apple is not one of them. Even if they were, how does seeing a news show that mentions "Apple" make you think new hardware? ....This may seem rude, but its been a long week
  • Reply 2 of 9
    i think it's more general discussion worthy, unless your certain that the commercial is about new hardware.

my thinking is the local news caught a glimpse of the pepsi spot and made an assumption.

i used to watch the news in san angelo. it could happen.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    tfworldtfworld Posts: 181member
    Notice the "I figure this is FH worthy..." part at the beginning??? Anyways... Mods move it if want!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Nice to see Apple getting some penetration.

Off we go to GD...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Nice to see Apple getting some penetration.

Off we go to GD...

ooh dirty talk
  • Reply 6 of 9
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tfworld

This is really wierd because we are out in West Texas and the local news NEVER puts anything about tech stuff.

Not that this on topic, of course, but where in west Texas do you hail from? I'm originally from El Paso but I'm going to school in LA.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    oh west texas? where in west texas? I am from there... I'd be interested to see why they did, I can ask if you tell me what station, I do media all around there heh. I'm in austin now, but I am originally from big spring if you know where that is.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    isn't that add news just about the pepsi thing ?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    tfworldtfworld Posts: 181member
    Lubbock is where I live now. Hopefully going back to Dallas soon... Anyways, I dont know what channel she was watching. I mentioned that it was probably the pepsi deal and she said they said nothing about pepsi, only Apple releasing something new. Kinds weird if you ask me.