Gaming inquiry

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I used to be a pretty avid gamer, then I bought a Mac. While this was a great move overall, I sort of miss the gaming opportunities that I once had. I now see my friends hanging out and playing games like Counter Strike against each other. It got me wondering if there were any games like that avaliable for Macs. Have you found any games that can be played against large amounts of people online for free? I know about EQ and games like that, but, well... I'm a poor college student. As much as I would like to resurrect my EQ addiction, I can't afford it. I also already have Unreal. While I think it is a good game, I have trouble finding any active servers. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Oh, kudos to me! I misspelled the title of this thread.

Bah.

Oh well... I just woke up, so I have a valid excuse.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Well, World of Warcraft is beta testing, so that will soon be a possibility.

This may also be a good resource. Page 2 has a list of several multiplayer os x games.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Title spelling fixed.

New to Mac? Try this. If you're using Safari, like most Mac apps if you are typing in a text field you can choose the menu "Edit -> Spelling -> Check Spelling As You Type" to enable the global spell checker.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Thanks a bunch, hyperb0le! I'll check out some of the games listed on that site.

And thank you, Brad. I'm somewhat of a grammer nazi (especially on myself!). When I slip up like that it bothers me. \
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Good Multiplayer games:

- Warcraft III either original or frozen throne.

- Diablo II x

- Halo for mac

- Starcraft
  • Reply 6 of 8
    theres a great mod for quake 3 called urban terror, if youre in to FPS games.

www.urbanterror.net

completely free, assuming you have quake 3 arena
  • Reply 7 of 8
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    I hate Valve
  • Reply 8 of 8
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LaFrance88

Good Multiplayer games:

- Warcraft III either original or frozen throne.

- Diablo II x

- Halo for mac

- Starcraft

And UT GOTY has an OS X port, likewise UT2003 and, in Feb, 2004