Weird System Preferences Trick

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Has anybody noticed that if you hold shift while clicking icons in system preferences, it goes in slow-motion, just like during Expose or Genie Effect? Also works if you hold shift while toggling the toolbar on/off.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    That's just too damn cool.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Shift-any-animation does that. Genie, Exposé, even the album cover toolbar in iTunes.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    lol i thought that was common knowledge. refer to my thread about fun with warped windows for even more fun!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I know that shift usually does have that effect, but try holding shift when toggling any other toolbar. System Preferences must use its own code for toolbar hiding.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    in jaguar, holding shift and hitting the widget in the upper right hand of the toolbar brought you to the toolbar customization thing, but it doesn't in panther (btw, shift works for the closing and opening of windows as well)
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

Shift-any-animation does that.

And now also the tab animation in OmniWeb 5.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Another nifty System Preferences trick is to go into Universal access, hit Set Display to Grayscale, then hit Switch to White on Black, then hit Set Display to Color.

Instant theme!

Blueflame

(hit Switch to Black on White to return to the normal color scheme).
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Blueflame

Another nifty System Preferences trick is to go into Universal access, hit Set Display to Grayscale, then hit Switch to White on Black, then hit Set Display to Color.

Instant theme!

Blueflame

(hit Switch to Black on White to return to the normal color scheme).

This is actually a great way to browse these forums. Very easy on the eyes.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Shift opening folders doesn't do it in slo mo in Panther anymore like in Jag though.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

This is actually a great way to browse these forums. Very easy on the eyes.

yes is it