Problem with G5 waking from sleep

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have my dual 2 gig G5 (10.3.2) set to automatically wake up every morning, and soon afterwords an iCal alarm that runs an AppleScript to turn on iTunes. In so many words, an alarm clock. However after waking up and starting to play iTunes, the computer will go back to sleep after 1 min. If I turn the computer fully off at night it will stay on once on, but if it wakes from sleep it always falls back asleep after 1 min.

As far as I can tell I have all the appropriate prefrences set correctly. (i.e. "Put the computer to sleep when it is inactive for: Never")

Ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    westonmwestonm Posts: 140member
    Anyone?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Every once in a while my computer will also just go to sleep. If I wake it back up I can get to the screen-saver and enter my password, but as soon as I get back to the desktop it goes back to sleep.

Odd...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Try disconnecting your monitor and pressing any key to wake it up. If that does not change anything, well... Any USB or Firewire peripherals? Any SCSI cards?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    So... anyone know why my computer would be randomly going to sleep?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    On what may be an unrelated side-note, I've noticed that my fans don't rev up as much as they used to. Even when under the same processor loads (we're talking 170-180% here). They will start to rev up, almost get to what used to seem their max, then just die down to almost nothing again. Any ideas? (!My computer just went to sleep while typing this!)
  • Reply 6 of 7
    ludwigvanludwigvan Posts: 458member
    Uh, to reiterate what costique asked, do you have any extra cards inside or other peripherals attached to the computer?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    No extra cards, just the bto 9800 graphics card. The only extra perpherial is my Logitech MX 500 mouse. (and 20" ACD)