Noticed Neat Little Classic Upgrade in Panther

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Okay, I'm quite late to the Panther club, so this may well have been talked about elsewhere. Has anyone noticed the neat little visual upgrade the classic environment has received in Panther? If you take a look at the right side of the menu bar when switching from a native application to a classic app, you'll see a pleasant surprise. The application menu will briefly display the icon and name (if expanded) of your native application, just before it updates itself and reflects the fact the classic app is in the foreground. Also, if you look at the application menu, you'll notice that the icons for native applications are properly displayed. In Jaguar, this wasn't the case. I realize this is one of the less significant issues, but I'm glad to see that Apple is still paying attention to the details. Now if they would only acquiesce and separate the spatial and browsing modes in the Finder, as nature intended, all would be well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Those are some nice improvements, but ti took me a minute to see the icon /app switching thing...good eye.

On a side note, it had been MONTHS since I started classic. This was the first time I saw it in 10.3. I had to look around for classic apps. LOL