Extended Start-up after OS Update

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
After I updated from 10.2.6 to 10.2.8 and installed iLife - 04, my startup time went from about 50-55 seconds to 2 minutes 40+ seconds. How can I get back to a more reasonable startup time? After achieving the grey screen, my boot drive sounds as if it is literally crawling - it nearly 2 minutes just to get to the rotating widget of the grey screen.

"Quicksilver" DP800

1.5GB RAM

72G SCSI = boot drive (5.6GB free space available)

Two 120GB ATA133's in striped RAID

(note: I also installed the trial version of SnapZ ProX).

Thanks for any recommendations/help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I hate to rag on OS X, but I think 10.2.8 is your problem. That update seems to have been really bad news for a lot of people here. It won't have anything to do with your new software installs, and your machine is more than fast enough to achieve a quicker startup time than that. I'm gonna have to peg it on the OS. Upgrade to Panther. You won't regret it. Either that or try to go back to 10.2.6. (Maybe someone else here can educate you on how to do that).
  • Reply 2 of 2
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Check if your start up disk is selected properly, this causes long times before the spinny thing in the beginning.

Also boot times do not really matter if you just put your computer to sleep instead of shutting down...