Can't listen to music samples on this webpage

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Edit:I got it to play in M player, is there a way I can make M player(or VLC) the default for this WMP crap?

A well respected Forumite from another forum I frequent posted some clips of a band he was recently in. I have long wanted to hear him play, and was very excited that he posted this.

I went to the site

http://www.sonicgarden.com/sonic-web...rtistid=16289#

and clicked on the sound samples, it gave me two options, Windows Media Player( ) and "mp3 player"

Neither option works, my computer loads Windows Media player(latest version) but gives me one of two errors "Playlist is not recognized" or "not a valid stream"

Sometimes it just says it's connecting forever but never does anything.

I tried right clicking the link and saving the target, but it tells me tthat the file doesn't exist.

I tried "open in iTunes" but it just loads forever, nothing ever happens.

A (windows user)o on the forum, was able to listen to them with no problems, the original poster(also on windows) obviously had no problems with them.

what's the deal?

stupid windows media player.

My stats:

OS X 10.3.2

Safari v1.2

Windows Media player 9 series

I also tried it in IE but that didn't change anything, I'm fairly certain the problem lies in WMP, but It is possible that it's some conflict with Panther and WMP maybe.

I would use VLC, but I can't get the file saved on my HD and VLC doesn't seem to have any safari support \