Saturday night out.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just got home from a party to which I had left early.

My friend Yann from my school invited me to his birthday party. He has a lot of friends from other schools and I was looking forward to meeting new people. When I first arrived, I quickly noted that I knew nobody besides Yann. No problem, I thought, until I started talking to the locals... One by one I pegged down each person attending. One by one, I found to be immature, child-like, teens at their peak, I hated it. Everyone was having fun, drinking, smoking, doing just what I do with my friends and doing it right. For some reason, in my mind, I racked up and shot down each and every person before me, none were saved, all failed my little test. I hated them all. So I left, early, before midnight and without a care in the world. I felt comfortable to be outside, free, but outside from what and free from who? The first thought that came to my mind was: "Did I do what I think I just did? That is not a Jon thing to do." And I was right, I would never leave a party in that fashion, and I never dislike people that much for doing nothing but having fun. I was older, by about a year, from the general age at the party... was that part of the reason? I was sober, did that effect my judgment? Almost as if I felt different tonight. It is almost as if a different side of me came out tonight... more dismissive, negative, pissed-off self. I have no clue what to make of it.

This was just a thought...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I wouldn't worry about it, everybody has those days.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Welcome to being old.

You may now scream in terror.

Feel better? Okay, you can scream some more...I'll check in on you later.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Yah I guess I was just over analyzing a bad mood...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    it has nothing do with age, you're only a year older than most of the people there. it's probably because you were sober and/or in a bad mood

cheer up!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    nah.

they were morons. accept it. you wont like everyone everywhere all the time.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

I was sober, did that effect my judgment?

sobriety often impairs our judgement in unimaginable ways. for example, did you know its considered somewhat rude or offensive to puke on someone's bra? this type of knowledge is only available on the straight and narrow.