Architects/Drafters using Macs??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Are there any architects or drafters out there using Macs?

I'm looking getting into the Architecture and/or drafting and I want to know if I'd be able to use my Mac.

If anyone has any info on an architecture or drafting career the time is yours...

thanks!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    If you haven't checked out http://www.architosh.com/, it's a good resource.

I know there are a few architects lurking on the boards, too.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    I'm not sure if there are still any quality drafting programs out there for the Macintosh.

Is MacDraft still available in some way shape or form?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cowerdcowerd Posts: 579member
    Quote:

I'm not sure if there are still any quality drafting programs out there for the Macintosh.

LOL. you're fscking funny. ArchiCAD, Vectorworks, PowerCADD, RealCAD, HighDesign and CADtools plugin for Illustrator.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    ?and that doesn't include 3D stuff.

What's your price range or the level of sophistication needed? CADintosh and MacDraft are both good, cheap and simple CAD tools, while VectorWorks, and especially ArchiCAD are at the high end. PowerCADD is also well regarded, as is High Design, though that's a less mature tool.

Try searching www.verisontracker.com and www.macupdate.com along with www.architosh.com for some titles too we're probably forgetting.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

Are there any architects or drafters out there using Macs?

I'm looking getting into the Architecture and/or drafting and I want to know if I'd be able to use my Mac.

If anyone has any info on an architecture or drafting career the time is yours...

thanks!!!

macs seem to be the only computers architects use...at least i know that is all the architecture students and faculty here at UC use, and this is a (or the) top rated architecture school in the US