iWalk?

synsyn
Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
has anyone seen:

<a href="http://www.spymac.com/gfx/PA230004.JPG"; target="_blank">bigger shot</a>

the article is on a site called "SpyMac" on which I stumbled the other day...

<a href="http://www.spymac.com/archive102301.html"; target="_blank">http://www.spymac.com/archive102301.html</a>;

Has anyone ever heard about this site? About the iWalk?

If the picture is fake, it's apretty good one IMHO. As for how legit this iWalk is... I'll let it up to you guys to discuss it to death

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: SYN ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Umm...no. It could easily be fake. What is it supposed to be???
  • Reply 2 of 17
    synsyn Posts: 329member
    apparently some kind of PDA/tablet/screen mirror etc...
  • Reply 3 of 17
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    This has been floating around for months. It's a fake.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    It did get discussed in great length somewhere about a week before iPod was officially anounced - can't remember where, though.

iWalk - the future ancestor of iDrive?
  • Reply 5 of 17
    xypexype Posts: 672member
    It's a fake and it's a badly-rendered fake at that.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    It was discussed at length on the MacNN boards. People just picked the renderings apart over there. I'm not a 3D artist so I was impressed, but they were talking about the lens flares and reflections and shadows and how they were obviously made up. Do a search for 'spymac' (if their search is working) and you'll find the threads.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Those guys at spymac say that they now have "video evidence" of the iWalk... I can't wait to see how they try and pull that off... or more accurately: "Sorry folks, our source realised that the video was too risky and he came to our house and destroyed all of our evidence..." then they'll promise something like a top secret interview with the ex-lover of the iWalk for next week.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    This picture came around when Apple hinted at a "revolutionary digital device" which later turned out to be the iPod. There you go, it's old, it's fake, and I want one.

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: G4Dude ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 17
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Actually, those pics came out before last MWNY. Everyone thought that was going to be the "one more thing" if the LCD iMac didn't appear. So yea, they are almost 6 months old now.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    synsyn Posts: 329member
    oops... my bad
  • Reply 11 of 17
    tcotco Posts: 87member
    I don't think its rendered at all. I'm pretty sure that piece of paper on the left was sitting underneath that device when it was spray painted
  • Reply 12 of 17
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    nope, it's rendered. When it debuted there were like 4 pics or so of it in the shower. (well tiled wall looked like a bathroom) and you could clearly tell in the reflections and glistening hilites that something 3D-like was amist. The cigarettes, I think, were thrown in for a realistic effect.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Hey I also walk, lets be friends...unless you meant the iWok, thats top secret, oh sh-- I'm done for

*runs*
  • Reply 14 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by G4Dude:

<strong>There you go, it's old, it's fake, and I want one.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Damn fine turn of phrase there G4Dude! Kinda reminds me of both my feelings during Baywatch.

:eek:
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Looks like nothing more then a portable DVD player to me that someone has shrunk down a bit and pasted into the pic. The shadows don't even match the one given off by the cigarette pack. And what is that piece of paper with part of the Dell logo on it doing in there? Some kind of hint? The design is no way anything like what apple is putting out now in the iPod and iBook. That alone tells us it isn't from Apple.

The description of its functionality given on spymac doesn't seem so far fetched though. Perhaps just the pic is fake. Maybe they didn't have it finished in time and it was supposed to be complementry to the iPod. Since it only comes with RAM memory maybe the iPod is its external drive. Doubt it though.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Looks like nothing more then a portable DVD player to me that someone has shrunk down a bit and pasted into the pic. The shadows don't even match the one given off by the cigarette pack. And what is that piece of paper with part of the Dell logo on it doing in there? Some kind of hint? The design is no way anything like what apple is putting out now in the iPod and iBook. That alone tells us it isn't from Apple.

The description of its functionality given on spymac doesn't seem so far fetched though. Perhaps just the pic is fake. Maybe they didn't have it finished in time and it was supposed to be complementry to the iPod. Since it only comes with RAM memory maybe the iPod is its external drive. Doubt it though.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by craiger77:

<strong>And what is that piece of paper with part of the Dell logo on it doing in there? Some kind of hint?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No it is just a Dell bag. It is an old render, no way it even resembles an actual apple product. Why people keep bringing things like this up is beyond me.

-Paul