Powerbook purchace hesitation ....... push me

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've been researching and listening to you guys and other guys for a couple of months now, trying to feel comfortable about buying a powerbook. I'm looking at the 15" Combo Drive with 2 Gig memory. I will strictly be using it for home recording.....nothing else. I guess I need someone other than my idiot friends to tell me that I won't be sorry. I'll be running Logic maybe....maybe something else. I've been at the Apple store many times with one click left to buy and I can't do it. Please help. Thanks everybody.

mave

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    My first question would be: What's the hesitation? You're going to get a ROCKIN' machine (esp. w/ 2GB RAM ) that will serve you well for quite a while. The portability (if you want that) is great too.

Fear not. Apple's laptops are some of the best in the entire computing industry, both in build quality and software. The 15" screen is *beautiful* and the machine is an overall pleasure to own (I have the Superdrive model).

Go for it. Unless you really need that money for something else, you won't be disappointed.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member

• Reply 3 of 4
    Well, my hesitation is really in the decision between the Powerbook I described and the G5. Being portable is very important to me but I'm worried about the PB being enough for the huge recording I'll be doing. This is my graduation from the 8 track console and I don't know as much as I wish I did before spending this kind of cash. Also, I don't need to buy this immediately, maybe I should wait for the next gen?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mave

Well, my hesitation is really in the decision between the Powerbook I described and the G5. Being portable is very important to me but I'm worried about the PB being enough for the huge recording I'll be doing. This is my graduation from the 8 track console and I don't know as much as I wish I did before spending this kind of cash. Also, I don't need to buy this immediately, maybe I should wait for the next gen?

I always say if you can wait, do so, and once the new ones come out, you can get one right then. Of course, Apple could pull another "wait 11 months" gig like they did with the last generation TiBooks, but I doubt they'd do that twice in a row. My guess is new PowerBooks will come out in April or May.