Anyone successful in downloading GarageBand 1.01?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
It seems to appear and then disappear again from the Apple Mac OS X Downloads ... and if it's there and I click the link I get an error!

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/

MacUpdate lists it: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/13948

Versin Tracker lists it: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/22046

Edit:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ lists it and

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/garageband.html seems to work now!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    yeah I got it, now my most intensive track actually plays, without stopping

but it's still laggy.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    No problems here.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    no problem here either...now where do i put the extra drum tracks i got from bitshift audio??

g
  • Reply 4 of 19
    In garage band open the loops tab thing at the bottom and then drap the bitshift folder into the right half of it (where the loops are usually listed).
  • Reply 5 of 19
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    No problems downloading it. Before this update -- from the time I installed it -- GB would open with a dialogue box that said something about how font resources needed to be reloaded from a certain menu. I'd click okay and move on, not having any idea what it was talking about.

Since the update, no dialogue box. \
  • Reply 6 of 19
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I bought and installed iLife 04 (including GarageBand, of course) nearly three weeks ago...but can't get the update to appear in my Software Update panel.

Simply says "software is up to date" or whatever.

Has since last night. I tried it again this morning, same thing.

Does this update really exist?

• Reply 7 of 19
    paul, you get the update at apple.com...it won't show up in Software Update...just like keynote updates won't show up there...SU is for updates to your OS and such, not apps

so, SU for panther updates, airport updates etc, not for keynote or garageband or office or appleworks updates

g

i give to you the linkage

and the truth shall make you free
  • Reply 8 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

paul, you get the update at apple.com...it won't show up in Software Update...just like keynote updates won't show up there...SU is for updates to your OS and such, not apps

so, SU for panther updates, airport updates etc, not for keynote or garageband or office or appleworks updates

g

i give to you the linkage

and the truth shall make you free

Actually, I've gotten app update notifications through SU, including Safari, FCE and at least 1 of the iApps.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Thanks, gelding! I guess that didn't occur to me.

But I could've sworn I've seen things pop up in the Software Update panel for non-OS items...OR for things I didn't have installed. Maybe I just dreamed that...

Anyway...off to download the GarageBand thing!

I shall honor thy linkage and click forthwith. The PowerBook thanks you, as does its owner.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I've gotten Keynote updates in SU. I'll agree that it seems a bit odd that this update doesn't show up there. \
  • Reply 11 of 19
    Quote:

no problem here either...now where do i put the extra drum tracks i got from bitshift audio??

g

Free loops?

How? Where? What?
  • Reply 12 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

Free loops?

How? Where? What?

i am santa

g
  • Reply 13 of 19
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Quote:

i am santa

g

Thanks Santa!
  • Reply 14 of 19
    The access virus free synth loops are

Here
  • Reply 15 of 19
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Is this all that it really does?

Quote:

This update clarifies specific alert dialogs regarding system performance.

Seems sorta rediculous if you ask me...

And 'virus free'? What are viruses? And why do you need to tell me that it doesn't have any?

Edit: Oooh, I understand now... Virus is a name of a product... Gotcha.

Edit 2: Grr. They make me enter in my email address and all, and then they email me a publicly accessable MacUpdate page.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    The Virus C is a top flight synth. I've not had any problems with spam etc.

If you go for it, you just drag the loops from the finder.

I'm awaiting my upgrade to Logic Pro. I believe version 7 (coming later on) will include support for this format. It makes sense that synth manufacturers will offer free samples in the hope that you'll buy their loops as and when they come. So I'd expect quite a bit of free 'taster' content to appear in the coming months.

If you want to experiment, the soundtrack loop utility (free from Apple's developer pages ) allows you to convert any wav or aif loop into an apple loop. It involves not much more than dragging and dropping. Very cool!
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

Is this all that it really does?

Seems sorta rediculous if you ask me...

No... it also supports ReWire syncing with Reason.

Link
  • Reply 18 of 19
    i cant seem to get the update to even show up in software update....

oh wait, i dont have ilife04.....
  • Reply 19 of 19
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    It finally appeared in SU today (along with the iSync 1.4 update). Funny it took so long.