Apple To Open Flagship Store In London

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, so says The Times:

Quote:

Apple stalks core London shoppers

By Jenny Davey

APPLE Computer is planning to open a giant flagship store on LondonÕs Regent Street after striking a deal with the Crown Estate, the holding company for the QueenÕs property assets, The Times has learnt.

The outlet, which will span 20,000 sq ft is expected to sell AppleÕs entire product line including the iPod digital music player range and Apple notebooks and desktop computers. Apple stores also sell digital cameras and camcorders and hold free interactive workshops.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    So, MacsRGood4U, do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing? Considering the recent 25% increase in UK sales (I think that's right) how do you feel this will affect stock prices?

Some original insight would be much appreciated. Not because you're not just supposed to post PR but because you know a fair bit about AAPL and I'd like to hear your opinion.

edit: here!=hear. D'oh!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    It's a good thing obviously. I think growth there is better positioned then in the U.S. I suspect flagship style stores will eventually open in France, Germany and possibly Italy.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Nice. They've gone across the Pond.

Did somebody forget to tell Apple we're still waiting on the first CANADIAN flagship store in Toronto?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    hooray for apple! top of the mornin' to 'em
  • Reply 5 of 9
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    'Bout time...still waiting for the Irish store tho, seeing as Apples European headquarters are based in Cork
  • Reply 6 of 9
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    But where is iTMS UK ?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Meh - London's all fine and dandy - how about Manchester or Birmingham? I might actually get to visit one then!

Amorya
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I guess it's the first step to selling a few more macs in this country. Next step... making sure they don't require a second mortgage. (I for one will be buying my next mac in the USA).
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Those London resellers are already bitching (www.macminute.com) about the new Apple Store that's coming in there. I say to the resellers, "**** you, nothing you have done is improving Apple's marketshare...if this Apple Store does do that then screw you because what matters is Apple's survival, which is what your survival hinges on anyway!"