ITMS pre-paid download cards!!!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
macrumors.com reports that target will start selling itms cards, simmaler to a pre-paid phonecard

as a teen, this is incresidle, no cerdit card -only problem is target i hate target but hopfully this will be other places too - say all ipod resellers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    http://www.macnews.com/2004/02/12/target

Wonder where they got that?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    I hope to see this happen. I love the Pepsi promotion, I'm 4 for 6, but I don't drink much soda, and if I did, the last thing I'd normally get would be cola. This is awesome for people without credit cards.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

http://www.macnews.com/2004/02/12/target

Wonder where they got that?

Well, since you asked The article on Macrumors begins...

Quote:

iPodLounge posts a photo of new iTunes Gift Cards which will be available at Target stores.

So I guess they got it from iPodLounge

Macrumors is usually good at crediting their sources, so RTFA
  • Reply 4 of 14
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    They're here!

Or at least you can redeem them at the iTMS now. It won't let me copy the link, but it's just below the allowance and gift certificate links on the left hand side of the home page.

• Reply 5 of 14
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Well, since you asked The article on Macrumors begins...

So I guess they got it from iPodLounge

Macrumors is usually good at crediting their sources, so RTFA

Yeah I was thinking about crediting iPodLounge, and I guess it would have been more efficient, but it was quicker to do that, and since they started the article with crediting iPL I thought it would be fine
  • Reply 6 of 14
    This is a great way to get around having to charge my Dad's credit card, and risk getting yelled at. It's like the old days now, mow a lawn and go get music.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    lets hope they are rechargeable - like take it to a store and give the card a 30$ refill on pay-day

and make some with a value larger than 15$ say a 100$ card so i dont need to go to the store as often - that would defeat the purpose of itms
  • Reply 8 of 14
    what's next?

iTunes MasterCard?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

what's next?

iTunes MasterCard?

sounds good, who outside of stogy wall street types actualy USES their 400000 bonus miles for applying?

say a 10 somg bounload bonus for application and a 1-3% itms credit - and a 10% credit for tims purchases, buy 10 get 1 free

<random thought>

hummmmm if i pay my college tuition with this card and apply the fiscal aid and loans to the card i could have plenty fo music for school and oh yea i will need a car in the next few months

</random thought>
  • Reply 10 of 14
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    This is great. I totally remember saying here - a day or so after the April iTMS unveiling - that there needs to be something like this.

Glad to see it only took 10 months!

The "allowance" thing was a cool step, but didn't cover all scenarios. The online gift certificate was too, but it required that people had iTunes installed, an account to, etc. That simply doesn't apply to everyone (seniors, those simply not owning or "into" computers, those not having an Internet connection, kids, etc.).

Now ANYONE (young teens, grandmothers, etc.) can go into Target or wherever and buy these cards as hassle-free, straightforward gifts, just like they would at Target, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble, Outback, etc.

Awesome! That's how it should be.

That graphic posted above is missing the Target logo, which to me points to two things: a) Apple doesn't necessarily want to shill for Target or b) Best Buy, Circuit City and any other current or future iPod-carrying stores will be participating.

Hope it's the latter.

Buying these cards and giving the gift of music (okay, that sounds REALLY corny) should be as easy as buying any other sort of gift certificate...ie, you DON'T have to go online, be a member of something, have a certain program installed, etc.

One thing I'd do, however: make these cards either in a variety of amounts (say $10, $25, $50 and $100) OR make them "blank" and, like phone cards or whatnot, they can be "charged" to any amount desired...AND, like pre-pay phone cards, re-charged if so desired.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Does anyone know if we need to have credit card for these? I've been over at iPL and some people over there have said they require CC to sign up for account. Has anyone tried it yet? Has anyone been able to buy a card and then redeem it using their AOL SN without entering a credit card? Can someone let me know? Thanks!!!
  • Reply 12 of 14
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    I would imagine that it works like the Pepsi Bottle redemption works... CC info is optional.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Instead of a card they should distribute a blank CD-R with a serial number printed on it and call it an album. Fifteen songs for $14.85 you know?
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Francisco_G

Instead of a card they should distribute a blank CD-R with a serial number printed on it and call it an album. Fifteen songs for $14.85 you know?

I don't know if I agree with it but that's a pretty creative idea