Tutoring and and perplexed at the same time...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A friend asked if I could tutor her friend on how to use Photoshop. I needed the extra cash so I am. Seems that this girl needs these skills because her boss is slowly trying to get rid of the web/graphic designer he's paying too much for and replacing her with the girl I'm tutoring.

The "student" has no graphic design skills or web design experience (more or less an interior designer). She started working at this furniture store 5 months ago as a sales person. Seems that the boss is a cheapskate. He won't lay-off or fire his current web/graphic designer because he doesn't want to pay unemployment. He hopes that just making her life hell at work will break her, she'll quit and then he'll replace her with the other girl I'm tutoring.

So here I am tutoring a person in the rudimentry skills she'll need to replace the web/graphic designer they already have but can't afford now. Here I am, a web/graphic designer with no related offers for work in this field teaching someone the skills I already have and could use for this company. Though from what I hear from the girl I'm tutoring...I really wouldn't want to work for them...yet...but...wow, you understand what I'm ranting on about?

By the way, the girl I'm tutoring is an young, exquisite asian american girl...I'm not complaining about that...

Goddamned confusing and irritating though...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ?

??

???

wtf. wtf. wtf.

They should both quit.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

?

??

???

wtf. wtf. wtf.

They should both quit.

Heh. Really. But this company has always had a high turnover (as most mom and pop retails do) anyway.

How can this be anyway to run a business? How about hiring someone who CAN do the job and would even sacrifice the cut in salary.

I would. I'm making $8.50 an hour at Barnes and Noble...I'd take that design position for at least $10.00 an hour right now, but I guess that is how much the current one is getting and what he can't afford anymore...

I find it a little irratating teaching these skills to an inexperienced person...skills that should get ME the job, not her.

Whatever.