A4 laser printer advice: GCC Elite 12/1200N?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has anyone got or used a GCC printer (specifically the Elite 12/1200N)?? any good??

I have used an old GCC printer which refuses to work with 10.2 and above i.e. it won't print from cocoa apps, but will print from carbon ones. So I don't want to get the Elite 12/1200N unless it works.

Or maybe people have other recommendations? I am after the following:

A4 mono laser

Postscript

Ethernet

1200dpi

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    The GCC Elite XL 20/1200 has all the features you're specifically looking for, plus it's tabloid (11X17) -- or is A4 the same thing as tabloid?

It's the model Apple used as the base of the LaserWriter 8500, so drivers should be built-in or easily accessible; and it has built-in 10BASET ethernet.

But both are hard to find...especially without needing repair (I guess whoever bought them still uses the workhorses).

Edit: just did some quick "duh" research -- A4 is pretty much our US Letter size, yes? So you just want a standard paper size, 1200 dpi PostScript laser printer with a NIC? I would first look to HP of course -- I think the LaserJet 1300 (or whatever, they've botched up their line so much now) series is the first to incorporate PostScript, and you can get a JetDirect card for cheap.

Or you could find a used LaserJet 4050N that has everything you require in one box, with 500-sheet capacity.